Opinion Editorial Reflection

Among several Left-leaning and democratic news sources, I would choose The Atlantic magazine. Out of any other options of similar newspapers and websites, The Atlantic is easily on of the best examples of masking anti-Semitism with anti-Zionsim. By simply 

searching the words “Washington Post Zionism”, several articles and op-eds appear, containing vague statements about concepts barely touched upon throughout the piece. Words such as “aparetheid, liberation, occupation, etc.” are thrown about. 

The Atlantic is a news source read by people who want to foster change. They are normally revolutionists and critics of fundamentalism. While this is usually reputable, they are an audience of types whose urge to fight is often fueled by passion rather than education. In lieu of studying a system and forming an educated and independent opinion, these forms of people and activists mettle in the thick of politics out of empathy (and possibly spite as well). 

My rhetorical situation is the problem of the subtle yet growing anti-Semitism on the Political left, and how it solves nothing for the cause many of these activists are determined into winning. It is a form of hatred stemmed from those who might not understand the severity of their actions. However, lack of critical thinking is not excusable, thus I wrote my Op-Ed in a tone similar to the expression of “putting one’s foot down” as well as a sense of tiredness to empathize with a narrative my target audience often uses. Typically, activists will speak in tones resembling the ones I used in my piece. It represents the point of being exhausted by injustices. Of how prejudice is outdated, and times of harmful stereotypes, discrimiation are no longer or shouldn’t be tolerated in any community.